As the world of air rifles continues to gain popularity and grow, so does hunting. Hunting continues to be a favorite way to pass time as well as a favorite challenge among hunters.
As a hunter, you need to make sure that you have the best scope to pair with your powerful hunting air rifle. This will make your hunting experience better and yield the best results ever.
Here are some of the best hunting air rifle scopes for your consideration.
Best Hunting Air Rifle Scopes Review
This is one of the Hunting Air Rifle Scopes designed for hunters and shooters looking for a decent scope to take their hunting/shooting skills to a whole new level. With a wide and consistent eye relief, this scope will keep your eyes safe from getting hit by high-recoil rifles and enable you to comfortably use the scope with both eyes open.
Its fully multicoated lenses enhance maximum light transmission especially under low light conditions to provide bright and clear images full of contrast. A customized dead hold BDC reticle with a dot design eliminates all guesswork on windage and holdover corrections. This makes it suitable for shooting at varying distances where estimating holdover might be of concern. It also comes with an SPF reticle that maintains its size at varying magnification ranges.
Furthermore, this scope is crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum which ensures great performance and durability and when it comes to all-weather reliability, it is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to make it fully waterproof and fog proof. Lastly, it features a fast-focus eyepiece for quick and effective target acquisition.
- Great performance and reliability.
- Fast focus eyepiece that is easy to use.
- Resettable MOA turrets
- Exit Pupil: 4.57 – 16 mm
- Superior edge to edge clarity.
- Reticles-Dead-Hold BDC, V-Plex
- Objective Lens Diameter: 32 mm
- Magnification: 2 – 7 x
- Eye Relief: 3.9 – 4.7 in
- Parallax: 50 yds
- Field of View, Linear: 12.6 – 42 ft at 100 yds
- W/E Travel at 100 Yds: 60 MOA
- 100% waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof.
- Heavy-duty aircraft-grade aluminum construction
- Adjustment Type: MOA. Click Value: 0.25 MOA. Range: 60 MOA
- Generous eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box.
- Lightweight construction enhances pack-ability as well as maneuverability.
- The anti-reflective and multi-coated lens provides bright and clear views.
The versatility of this scope allows it to be used in multiple hunting activities and it is also perfect for fast and effective target acquisition. It is an easy to mount scope and it is compatible with most Picatinny rails. Its strong and heavy-duty construction enables it to withstand the harshest recoils and impacts.
Furthermore, with generous and consistent eye relief, you get to comfortably use the scope with both eyes open, and your eyes are kept safe from heavy recoil rifles. This scope also features 11 different brightness settings that ensure that it can be used in different light settings and it also features fully multi-coated lenses that enhance light transmission to provide the user with bright and crisp clear target images.
On matters of weather reliability, this scope is nitrogen purged to make it fully waterproof and fog proof and for this reason, you can comfortably use it under any weather conditions.
- Generous eye relief.
- Fully waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof.
- Multi-coated lenses enhance light transmission even under low light conditions.
- Heavy-duty metal housing
- 3 MOA Dot reticle
- Fine target reticle
- Parallax – 50
- Suitable for different outdoor activities.
- Amber bright high contrast lens coating.
- Easy to mount on most Picatinny rails.
- Simple adjustment dials
- 11 brightness settings
The performance and price of this air rifle scope make it ideal for hunters looking for a scope to pair with their hardworking air rifle. It comes equipped with a versatile 6-24x magnification which makes it optimal for the things you most with an air rifle. For clarity, the scope is fitted with a 50mm objective lens which collects more than enough light for shooting even under low light conditions such as shooting at dusk or dawn.
It also gives you a sharp image for zeroing in on a small target. Its illuminated reticle enhances sharpshooting in any light condition. The 5 different brightness levels allow you to find the perfect brightness for adverse environments and the adjustable objective lens allows for sharp target image, parallax elimination, and range estimation. Its fully multi-coated lens enhances light transmission for brilliant image clarity and contrast. The bonded coatings on the lens are built to last and won’t fade with time and they easily shed off dirt, fingerprints, oil, and water to provide bright and clear views. This scope is crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum which ensures that it lasts as long as your air rifle. It is also waterproof and fog proof to ensure all-weather reliability.
- Fast focus eyepiece that is easy and intuitive to use.
- 100% waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof.
- Adjustable objective lens
- Red and Green illumination
- 1/8-inch @100 Yards click value
- 50mm objective lens enhances image clarity
- Red and green illuminated rangefinder reticle.
- Sturdy and durable aircraft-grade aluminum construction.
- Multi-coated optics for brilliant image views.
- User-friendly windage and elevation adjustment turrets.
- 5 brightness settings for adverse environments application
- Field Of View: 28 ft @ 100 yards
Made to perfectly fit all 20-22 mm standard weaver and Picatinny rails this scope comes with a precise elevation and windage adjustment that are easy and intuitive to use even for those new into air rifle hunting This tactical scope features a versatile 2.5-10x magnification and a 40mm objective lens that is large enough to collect adequate light needed to provide bright and clear target images. This objective lens is coated green to boost higher light transmittance for bright, clear target images full of color contrast.
A unique feature in this scope is its Kellner eyepiece with a dioptric adjustment lens which eliminates most image aberration. Furthermore, it is equipped with 5 brightness levels for all environments use. A red or green illuminated reticle provides incredible sight range for sharpshooting. Its body is crafted from high-quality solid aluminum alloy which is durable and lightweight as well. When it comes to weather reliability, this scope is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to enhance its waterproof and fog proof properties. This will ensure that you can comfortably use it in all weather conditions.
- Wide and generous eye relief.
- Precise elevation and windage adjustment.
- 5 different brightness levels for diverse environments application.
- Fully waterproof and fog proof.
- The multi-coated objective lens provides bright and clear views.
- Durable and sturdy aluminum alloy construction
- Field of View: 100 yards of 32.5′-8.9′
- Versatile 2.5x-10x magnification
- Mil-dot reticle
- Objective Diameter: 40mm
- Lightweight construction.
- Red/green illuminated reticle
- Dimensions: 8.5x3x3inches
- Weighs 20.5oz
- Click Value: 1/4inch@100 yards
- Brightness Red: 5 levels/Green: 5 levels
- Exit Pupil: 16mm- 4mm
- Eye Relief: 101.6mm-76.2mm
- Laser Power: 2mW,Frequency: 532nm.Distance: 100yards
With this tactical scope, you get to enjoy multiple features which make your hunting experience better and memorable. Its optical system is fully multi-coated to enhance light transmission bright, clear images full of color contrast regardless of the lighting conditions. With a wide and consistent eye relief, this scope will keep your eyes safe from getting hit by high-recoil rifles.
It’s one-inch main tube is spacious to accommodate more adjustment knobs and it is crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum which enhances its durability and guarantees the user of great performance. Furthermore, its rugged and sturdy construction allows it to withstand unforgiving environmental conditions while its ergonomic turrets with directional indicators are both simple to use and intuitive as well. When it comes to weather reliability, this scope is O-ring sealed to lock out any moisture and nitrogen purged for total reliability in all weather conditions. You can trust this scope to elevate your shooting skills to a whole new level.
- Simple and intuitive windage and elevation turrets.
- Rugged and durable aircraft-grade aluminum construction.
- Completely waterproof and fog proof.
- Once-inch main tube construction.
- Fully coated lens provides bright and clear views.
- Superior edge to edge clarity.
- Wide and consistent eye relief.
- Elevated windage and elevation turrets.
- 100 to 600 yards
With a rugged performance and brilliant target views, this scope is ideal for multiple hunting activities. With a versatile 3-9x magnification, this high-performance scope provides crystal clear views for close to mid-range shooting. It comes equipped with a detachable throw lever for magnification adjustment and when it comes to different hunting conditions, it features an illuminated rangefinder reticle which enhances sharp shooting regardless of the lighting environment.
With several brightness intensities, you can comfortably shoot even in adverse light conditions. For image clarity, this scope features a 40mm objective lens that collects more than enough light for shooting from dusk to dawn and still gives you sharp images for zeroing in on small targets. To improve on image clarity and brightness, this scope features a multi-coated lens that enhances light transmission, while offering protection against scratches, oil, dirt, water, and fingerprints. When it comes to weather reliability, the scopes’ tubes are nitrogen-filled to make them fully waterproof and fog proof. Crafted from 6061-T6 aircraft grade, you are assured of durability, strength, and brilliant performance.
- Versatile 3-9x magnification.
- Multi-coated lens for bright and clear target images.
- Detachable throw lever for magnification adjustment.
- Generous eye relief.
- Illuminated range finder reticle.
- Fully waterproof and fog proof.
- Picatinny or Weaver rifle rails compatibility.
- Red/green reticle illumination for shooting in low light conditions.
- Multiple brightness settings for use in adverse environments
- Reticle: Illuminated Range Finder
- Picatinny or Weaver Rails compatible
- 300+ Yards range
- Objective Diameter: 32 mm
- 1 in tube
- Eye Relief: 3.5-3.8 in
- Weighs 13 oz
Criteria for Choosing the Best Hunting Air Rifles Scopes
An important feature to look out for in any scope is the ability to adjust parallax. On typical air rifles scopes, the parallax range is fixed at about 100 yards and anything more will cause reticle distortion which might result in a misplaced shot. Scopes with adjustable parallax will adjust to this optical error and allow you to make accurate shots.
The other important feature to look out for when shopping for an air rifle scope is the type of reticle. While you can get away with the plain duplex reticle, having a scope whose reticle has a few reference points becomes very handy especially when dealing with air gun velocities and rainbow trajectories. In addition, if you are to choose between a glass etched reticle versus a wire reticle, go for the glass etched one. The vibrations from the spring piston rifles can snap the wire reticle, but the glass etched one is layered directly onto the lens therefore you won’t have to worry about reticle damage.
Main tube size
Most air rifle scopes feature the 30mm main tube size. The main advantages offered by a 30mm tube are thicker and heavy-duty construction as well as larger internal lenses which enhance optical performance. Larger internal lenses ultimately improve the target image quality. These scopes are perfect for improving Airgun precision.
For an air rifle hunting scope, go for one whose magnification will give you the best possible image of your intended target. In addition, remember that with air rifles, the image of your target might suffer at higher magnification. Air rifles also tend to max out at around 100 yards. So, it’s best if you go for a scope with moderate magnification. Typically a 3-9x magnification or lower will perfectly cover most hunting activities.
Objective lens size
The other important factor to look at is the size of the objective lens which plays a vital role in the amount of light that passes into the scope at any given time. A larger objective lens creates a brighter and clearer picture, particularly in low light conditions. Additionally, larger objective lenses determine the scope’s ultimate ability to magnify a target therefore a larger objective lens achieves a greater magnification than a smaller objective.
Best Hunting Air Rifles Scopes FAQs
Which are the best time for high and low power magnifications?
Hunters will need a lower power scope for short-range shooting. Low-powered scopes help keep targets in focus that aren’t far away. On the other hand, powered scopes are ideal for long-range shooting. They have the ability to magnify the target and make it look closer than it actually is.
How much scope magnification do I need?
The level of scopes magnification will mostly depend on how far the target is going to be. However, with air rifles, the image of your target might suffer at higher magnification. Air rifles also tend to max out at around 100 yards. It’s, therefore, best if you go for a scope with moderate magnification. Typically a 3-9x magnification or lower is best.
What distance is a 3-9×40 scope good for?
The general rule of the thumb is that for each magnification power, you can accurately shoot additional 100 yards. This means that a 3-9x power scope will give you around 900yards of accurate range.
Hunting Air Rifles Scopes Advantages
- Ability to hunt from a good distance.
- Ability to hunt in any lighting and weather condition.
- Improved accuracy leads to better scores.
- Improved shooting skills.
Air rifle hunting scopes have completely changed the game for hunters. If you don’t own one, then you have no idea what you are missing out. The best way to improve your hunting skills is owning one, so hurry up and go grab one from our list.